Feb 17 Castle Rock, WA to Roseburg, OR – 237 miles
My plan for the day was
- Reset the trailer (removing things I mentioned yesterday)
- Build a little “desk” to put into my passenger seat
- Leave no later than noon
- To visit with an online marketer in Eugene (Hi, Renee)
- To visit with my cousin Joy also in Eugene.
- to get to Ashland, OR to make the second leg down to my parents’ home an easy one.
Items 1-5 all went off without a hitch. I even had time to take my wife to breakfast. Where I missed was that my visit with my cousin turned into a marathon dinner/gabfest lasting three hours. As I pulled into Roseburg, I realized I was tired, it was 10PM and while I might make Ashland if I pushed myself, I doubted the value. Driving tired is almost never a good option. So much for my plan. Still 83+% isn’t a bad grade.
As I’m tired, I’ll take a picture of my desk a little later and add it to tomorrow’s post. The issue was that the passenger seat is all wonky (technical term of highest value) in shape, angles, etc. I wanted a close to level platform I could put things on. As I’m handy with rough carpentry, have the tools and scrap materials on site, I spent maybe 30 minutes hacking this together. It’s crude, but it performs admirably.
All for now.. Sleep is calling.
To see all of the posts go to www.tanstaaflpress.com/tgrt
Next Post: ???